Monday, February 7, 2011

Of guilt trips!

I leave home brutally quiet each morning and listen Ganesh calling "Amma" followed with a wail and his grandparents telling him that she has gone to office. He says crying, "Amma office ponam". :(
We go out each morning, have our time together, basically hanging out checking the dirty streams of water that flows throughout Bangalore. His current obsession, he only knows why. We check one near the Golf view campus, followed with some hanging, swinging, sliding session in the park. We also go and 'touch' the BIIG water tank near the park. He doesnt want to come home after that, coz he knows that all we will do is take bath, have breakfast and I will head to office. I would tell him about office thingy and all I get is a more clinging child. Very recently, I even said a firm bye and got out as the experts suggest, but he followed me not just wailing and begging not to leave, but I left. FIL told he cried continuously for forty minutes. After that once again hide-and-seek.

I am so embarrassed that I forgot the husband's birthday. I really thought its on Tuesday but it happened to be on Monday. He gets a call at 12:30 am and there I was cursing that his friends have no time-sense whatsoever and went on saying all are same. Then morning showers of calls, my family, cousins everybody. I checkout the calendar and you-know-what-expression.

5 comments:

  1. I did the firm goodbye method. He cried for a few days but then he would return my cheery goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He knows that I am leaving, but seems to be genuinely sad. I am waiting for this phase to get over and am continuing to use hide-and-seek, coz I being that Nirupama Roy types and secondly, he is with in-laws in my absence and its not difficult on them too. I did not anticipate the forty minutes crying. I feel guilty of this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please convey my 'Many more happy returns of the day' too.

    May the year be filled with 'what-joy' memorable moments of happiness!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i think every working mom goes through this guilt trip.

    for a change, we forget their birthdays. take it easy. I am sure you would have made up for the miss. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Meenu / @Arunima: I ain't sure whether B'Days are of any significance to men.....atleast not to me... "not sure whether this feeling is wide spread or am I the weirdo types ;) " lets see whether others have anything to say.. :)

    ReplyDelete